Back Traction Spinal Decompression Detensor Mat
Back Traction Non-Invasive Spinal Decompression Detensor Mat
Back Traction Spinal Decompression Mat Detensor is intended for treatment and prevention of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, especially related to spine: . It is used for intensive treatment of the spine, both in medical office and at home. Spinal Decompression Detensor Mat helps in the treatment of back pain due to the increase in intervertebral spaces and a decrease in muscle tension and ligaments;
The therapeutic mat provides great results if applies together with mattress Detensor, which is intended for night sleep. For example, with severe pain in the back, inflammation, it is necessary to regularly use the therapeutic mat several times a day, combining with the use of a mattress for sleeping at night.
If the correct procedure is followed for therapeutic mate, the traction can reach 18% to 22% of body weight.
The Back Traction Mat Natural Non-Invasive Spinal Decompression Detensor Mat consists of three parts:
- Back support and traction/spinal decompression (Main Unit) for natural lower back pain relief
- Functional cervical traction support (FCS)
- Functional lower leg relax support (FLS)
How does the Detensor therapy work on the spine?
With the spinal therapy Detensor mat, the elastic ribs of the system fit tightly to the body and support it as a support. It is thanks to elastic ribs, the pressure of the body bend, tilt in opposite directions and maximally evenly distributed and turns into small, horizontal forces that act in stretching spinal cord, relax spinal disc and release nerves (in case of pinching).
What actions does home spinal pain relief therapy have on the method of the Detensor on our body?
The home spinal pain relief therapy by the method of Detensor has a very positive effect on all organs and the entire nervous system, since the nerves passing through the spinal canal, thanks to the increase in intervertebral distance, are better equipped with nutrition flow.
Directions for use (From onset of acute pain i.e. acute/sciatica):
- Each back traction session should last 45-60 minutes.
- Week 1: 3 – 4 Sessions a day
- Week 2: 2 – 3 Sessions a day
- Week 3/4: 2 Sessions a day
- Thereafter: Sessions should be performed once a day, before retiring.
- The DTM 18% must only be used lying down and on a solid base, preferably the floor.
- It should not be used for overnight sleeping or for longer than 1 hour sessions.
- Always use the functional lower leg support provided. Any alterations to recommended leg height may increase pain, alter traction force or restrict circulation.
- Some users may experience extra discomfort initially, but this generally subsides.
- The system’s design allows air circulation, so users are advised to cover up with a blanket to help achieve a deep, relaxed state.
- Correct positioning is vital to creating a maximum traction force of 18-22%. This is achieved by the roll-back technique, whereby the user lowers the spine on to the orthosis by using their arms.
- Users must not sit up from the waist abruptly, but roll off sideways.
- Light and natural clothing should be worn, (no synthetics) to maximize traction and avoid slipping.
- An uncomfortable sensation may be felt after use when standing, due to reloading pressure back on the spine. This should dissipate shortly after.
- The heart shaped segment of the back support should be aligned with the small of the back. (2nd – 4th lumbar vertebrae) The benefits of this system are enhanced by rest and repair gained from overnight sleep, without gravitational loading to the spine. The RO18% is not limited to back pain sufferers, but is also beneficial in achieving deep relaxation, improving general posture and a state or well-being.
Printable Manual How to Use Detensor Mat for Lower Back Pain Relief and Spinal Decompression Home available here.
You can purchase DETENSOR® Traction Mat – 18% of Body Weight Tension here