DETENSOR Back Traction Mat Natural Spinal Decompression
Back Traction Mat Natural Non-Invasive Spinal Decompression Detensor Mat
The Back Traction Mat Natural Non-Invasive Spinal Decompression Detensor Mat consists of three parts:
- Back support and traction/decompression
- Functional cervical support (FCS)
- Functional lower leg support (FLS)
Directions for use (From onset of acute pain i.e. acute/sciatica):
- Each session should last 45-60 minutes.
- Week 1: 3 – 4 Sessions a day
- Week 2: 2 – 3 Sessions a day
- Week 3/4: 2 Sessions a day
- Thereafter: Sessions should be performed once a day, before retiring.
- The DTM 18% must only be used lying down and on a solid base, preferably the floor.
- It should not be used for overnight sleeping or for longer than 1 hour sessions.
- Always use the functional lower leg support provided. Any alterations to recommended leg height may increase pain, alter traction force or restrict circulation.
- Some users may experience extra discomfort initially, but this generally subsides.
- The system’s design allows air circulation, so users are advised to cover up with a blanket to help achieve a deep, relaxed state.
- Correct positioning is vital to creating a maximum traction force of 18-22%. This is achieved by the roll-back technique, whereby the user lowers the spine on to the orthosis by using their arms.
- Users must not sit up from the waist abruptly, but roll off sideways.
- Light and natural clothing should be worn, (no synthetics) to maximize traction and avoid slipping.
- An uncomfortable sensation may be felt after use when standing, due to reloading pressure back on the spine. This should dissipate shortly after.
- The heart shaped segment of the back support should be aligned with the small of the back. (2nd – 4th lumbar vertebrae) The benefits of this system are enhanced by rest and repair gained from overnight sleep, without gravitational loading to the spine. The RO18% is not limited to back pain sufferers, but is also beneficial in achieving deep relaxation, improving general posture and a state or well-being.
Printable instruction how to use Detensor Lower Back Pain Relief mat and Spinal Decompression Home Device available here.
You can purchase DETENSOR® Traction Mat – 18% of Body Weight Tension here