Usual Five Back Pain Treatments for Backache Relief
The humans have managed to walk on two legs in the course of evolution due to a very important thing and that is their spine or in other words their back. Thus, having a strong spine or back is very important as far as conducting your daily activities effectively and efficiently is concerned. But, many a time due to various types of movements and deficiencies the muscles of the back may just get injured and may lead to lower back pain.
This kind of pain is extremely discomforting and can lead to situations that can inhibit your movements and daily routine making you stop doing any kind of work at all. Almost 80 percent of adults some from some degree of back pain at some point in time in their life.
The condition of back pain is one of the most commonly occurring problems and it may be either acquired or developed due to wrong posture or sudden bodily movements. Whatever is the cause of the back pain it is a treatable condition. You will get a lot of remedies for back pain that are simple yet effective and can be done by oneself even in their homes.
These alternative cures are effective and give you relief in a matter of few weeks but if it does not get cured for long then it is better to see a doctor instead of making the condition worse.
When to see a doctor?
If you are suffering from the following conditions you must see a doctor as soon as possible.
- If there is continuous and intense pain for long.
- If along with pain you feel tingling sensation or numbness in your legs, leading to weakness and problem in standing
- If you experience disappearance of pain with sudden loss of weight.
- If you experience problems related to bladder and bowel along with pain in the lower back.
- If you have high body temperature or complain of abdominal pain along with lower back pain
Treatments of back pain
Well, the treatment of back ache is not a complicated one for the general population and if you employ the following treatment modalities you will surely get back pain relief
- Cold and hot packs back massage: you may have noticed how applying heat pack gives you relief but that is temporary because it is not being done properly. You must start with the cold pack that reduces inflammation and then move on to hot pack that reduces stresses and strains in the muscles.
- Take painkillers: the pain killers such as Ibuprofen and Paracetamol are very effective in relieving pain of the lower back they are anti-inflammatory and help reduce pain as well as swelling of the muscles.
- Acupuncture treatment: this is gaining a lot of popularity these days. Acupuncture actually focuses on pressure points on which when pressure is applied they help in getting rid of pain. This pressure releases the serotonins and other pain relieving chemicals.
- Routine spinal stretching exercises: the stretching of the right muscle can bring about drastic relief in the back pain as it helps the muscles that are involved in keeping the spine and back erect, relax a little.
- Movement is the key: never rest in bed if you have back pain. Getting bed ridden is no remedy instead it will make your muscle stiffer. Just avoid doing stuff that may trigger back pain.