25 Natural Remedies to Prevent Back Pain
Prevent Back Pain with Natural Remedies
Back muscles play a very crucial role and are the weakest of all. Back pain is a very common problem these days. It is mainly a result of an injury or wrong posture. It is suggested to take special precautions. Multiple exercises are recommended for people facing this problem. There are numerous natural ways to relieve back pain. Changing few daily habits could make a huge difference in maintaining a healthy life.There are several natural ways to prevent back pain and to have a strong and flexible back.
The 25 natural therapies to prevent back pain can be split into several categories:
- Sustain a Good Posture: Be conscious of your posture, as bad posture is a creator of all back problems. Poor posture put unnecessary strain on your back. And opposite – good healthy posture could help to prevent back pain.
- Lumbar support required to sit for couple of hours.
- People who sit in front of a computer for hours should stretch at regular intervals. Stand upright and avoid slouching when you walk.
- Good sleeping posture is extremely important to keep you away from back problems. Sleeping o the sides with legs straight is highly recommended and make sure your pillow is not high.
- For long hours standing, chest should be elevated, and shoulders to be pushed back and all should stay in straight position.
- If your job makes you to sit for more hours and especially on computer, then must adjust setting such that you need down on the computer screen. Screen should remain in the level.
- Stretching: Stretching plays a pivotal role to prevent back pain and discomforts arise due to it. Following are some of the stretching moves:
- The exercise ball is flexible and helps people to lessen back pain. Sit on the ball and slowly transfer weight clockwise and anticlockwise.
- Lie on your back with knees bent and heels on the floor, keep both hands on one knee and get it to the chest.
- Hip stretch is one of the essential stretches to prevent back pain as it supports the lower back.
- After sitting for a long time, stand and set your hands on your lower back, and then push your shoulders back and hips forward.
- Sit-ups intensify your abs and take the pressure of your back. So make sure you do regularly sit -ups.
- Lie straight on your back with toes pointed up. Bend your knee and get your leg up towards your chest. Halt for 15 seconds and gently stretch your legs.
- Eat right: It’s true that you are what you eat. To reduce back pain you should have a healthy diet. Diet with good nutrition help to avoid back pain.
- You should avoid excess of sugar, fast foods and aerated drinks.
- Eat magnesium rich food and vitamin B-12.
- Make sure that you are getting sufficient calcium as it can keep back pain at bay. Calcium contributes to bone mass so make sure that you include calcium supplements in your diet. Food sources like milk, yogurt, cheese and green leafy vegetables are rich in calcium.
- Quit Smoking. It’s rightly said that “smoking is injurious to health”. Spinal disc gets degenerated because of smoking.
- Weight Control: 25 natural ways to relieve back pain involves loose weight. Healthy weight may minimize possibility of back problems and prevent back pain. The back cannot bear the extra weight without feeling a strain, so shedding those extra kilos is must.
- Join a gym or Zumba class.
- Do aerobic exercises.
- Lift carefully. While lifting something ensure your feet are apart and never bend jerkily.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights in the gym or otherwise.
- Carrying a load of groceries or a heavy laptop bag can cause a severe strain on the back.
- Go for a slow and easy regular walk. Walking escalates your back muscles.
- Indulge yourself in Yoga. Effective breathing eases back ache.
- Inculcate the habit of exercising in your daily routine. Exercise is the best activity for back pain.
- Avoid strenuous activity and indulge yourself in simple exercises.
- Avoid high heels.
Prevent back pain by following these 25 natural ways to alleviate pain and stay happy.