Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression Therapy
In the world there are many supporters of Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression therapy. Non Surgical spinal decompression is a type of back traction that may help relieve back pain. Spinal decompression works by gently stretching the spine. As a result, bulging or herniated disks may retract, taking pressure off nerves and other structures in your spine. When Lumbalgia, lumboischialgia doctors consider this treatment method to be the main one. However, in all cases, we are talking about the use of the old technique of traction, associated with inconveniences and psychological stress for patients.
Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression Results are:
- Back Traction (spinal decompression) Therapy Increased intervertebral spaces;
- Reduction of muscle and ligament tension after gentle spinal traction treatment;
- Reduction of pressure on nerve endings due to increased intervertebral spaces as result of Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression;
- With the displacement of the vertebrae and the prolapse (prolapse) of the discs, spinal traction therapy make possible to normalize the anatomical structure;
- Expansion of intervertebral spaces causes a reduction or elimination of compression of nerve endings and improvement of local circulation just after 2-3 sessions of the Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression therapy;
- The possibilities of using this Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression therapy are not limited, because overgrowth of the spine is impossible;
- The duration of spinal traction procedures is not limited. Long unloading leads to an improvement in fluid circulation in the tissues of intervertebral discs;
- Natural rotational movements in combination with a non invasive spinal decompression also contribute to improving the operation of the pumping mechanism and the circulation of fluid in the tissues of the discs;
- The pressure in intervertebral discs begins to decrease after about 20 minutes of non-invasive decompression therapy treatment, after 30-45 minutes of traction, the pressure continues to decrease and may become normal.
- Intensive traction treatment overall vertebral mate is used only for acute pain, for 45-60 minutes 4 times a day.
- Successful application of Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression therapy treatment, varying in intensity and duration. The success of the treatment is achieved by combining the application of the traction mat in the afternoon and the sleeping traction mattress at night. At departures from the house the patient for continuation of treatment can take with itself therapeutic mat, since. it is portable.
Advantages and conclusions of non-surgical spinal decompression with gentle back traction:
- Very good results were achieved with the use of a sleeping traction mattress in the Central Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics for back pain in patients who underwent myocardial infarction who could give up painkillers. Contraindications to this method is not revealed.
- In terms of costs for treatment, the DENNSOR system is the most economical, as evidenced by the experience of many doctors who use it.
- The system is so simple that it can be used independently, after a short explanation.
- The appearance of the system is also simple and does not cause anxiety in patients, which contributes to recovery.
- The use of the system does not cause an additional burden on the vessels (as when pulling upside down), which is especially dangerous in patients in old age, with thromboses, after myocardial infarction, etc.
- Tractive action extends along the entire length of the spine.
- Due to the simplicity of the system, patients themselves can use it at home. It is recommended to them to avoid relapse after discharge from the hospital.
- A limited number of contraindications to the use of the system, requiring consultation of a doctor.
- A significant improvement in the nutrition of intervertebral discs was noted.
- According to the professor of the University of Bonn G. Schump and the professor, Dr. Froboze, the system “DETENSOR” can correct the curvature of the spine.
- Measurements carried out at the University of Basel showed that the use of the therapeutic mat causes an increase in the patient’s growth from 0.5 to 2.8 cm. Long-term studies have shown a maximum increase in height to 1 ½”.
- Under the influence of the “DETENSOR” system, rehydration of the intervertebral discs takes place, the supply of nutrients to them increases, and as a result, tissues regenerate.
- A comparative analysis of the results of various types of treatment of diseases of the spine, conducted at the University Clinic of Bonn, showed that the efficiency factor for physiotherapy and therapeutic gymnastics is 0.89, while traction under a trapezoidal suspension is 0.90, and using the method “DETENSOR “- 0.98.
- The total relaxation of paravertebral muscles was revealed under the influence of the system, the asymmetry of the muscle tone disappeared.
- Even though, first, the system is designed to stretch the spinal column, other positive results of its influence have become known over the years. For example, the ribs that are constantly in motion not only contribute to strengthening the spinal cord, but also actively massage the ligament apparatus and internal organs. There is an improvement in the biomechanics of sleep, which is confirmed by measurements on special equipment.
- Due to the unusually high point elasticity of the system, blood circulation disorders are excluded, an increase in microcirculation is noted in it.
Under the influence of Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression therapy, sparing traction of the spinal column and paravertebral tissues occurs, which is comparable to the press of acupuncture points (TA), located primarily on the “posterior median meridian” (PMM), where the representative points of all other meridians are concentrated and body systems.
The spine tract helps to correct its physiological curves, improve hemodynamics and metabolism of the vertebral-motor segments and paravertebral tissues, the functional state of the central nervous system and the VNS, and indirectly the normalization of the endocrine, immune and endogenous opioid systems. In our previous studies (A. V. Kapustin et al., 2003), it has been shown that the effects on TA in these patients have a pronounced effect on the endogenous opioid system (EOS), primarily as a change in the activity of the delta-type opioid receptor (OP) ligands. The latter significantly increased in patients with allergic diseases, and the activity of ligands of the mu-type OR normalized.
Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression via Spinal column traction persists for a certain period of time after the procedure.. The tract leads to spinal decompression of the nerve structures, improves local hemodynamics, reduces edema, eliminates the pathological muscle tension and the resulting muscle contractures, as well as subluxations of the intervertebral joints. The magnitude of the dilatation of the PDS is different and uneven in the length of the spinal column with different stretching techniques. Accordingly, the height of intervertebral foramen is also uneven, which affects the effectiveness of treatment. In this case, it should be taken into account the fact that traction with excess cargo causes a protective reaction from the paravertebral muscles, more lumbar, as more powerful. This prevents further increase in intervertebral distances in this region and they can even decrease on the background of irrational stretching.
At the same time, a high correlation was established between the activity of both types of OR ligands (an ion or molecule attached to a metal atom by coordinate bonding), which allows one to consider the effect on TA as one of the mechanisms of neuroimmune regulation of the organism. Anesthetic, relaxing and antitussive effects that occur when exposed to TA are also caused by activation of EOS. From the positions of chrono medicine (one of the newest and most promising areas in pediatrics, based on the study and use in the clinical practice of temporary organization of physiological and pathological processes in the body), the therapeutic devices of the DETENSOR system can be used as follows. In the night and morning, especially in the 3 to 9 hours, i.e. in the period of maximum physiological lengthening of the spine, it is advisable to apply the therapeutic mattress DETENSOR for a more sparing but long-term effect on the endocrine and immune systems associated with it in the activity of the VNS. In the late morning, afternoon and evening even a short use of the therapeutic mat DETENSOR promotes intensive traction of the spine, affecting the endogenous opioid system, providing rapid muscle relaxation, traction and anesthesia. When comparing the DETENSOR system with classical stretching methods, such as the Glisson loop, trapezium, a device for stretching the back, transverse boards, tables with loops, etc., there is no stress on the vascular system, psychological stress, and other side effects.
For more than 20 years the Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression therapy with traction mat has been successfully and without complications applied in clinics of different countries, including patients in the postoperative period, as well as in sports medicine. Studies have shown that the degree of stress on the intervertebral discs with DETENSOR therapy is only 7%, while in the lying position on a conventional mattress – 25%, and in the standing position – 100%. Thus, unloading of intervertebral discs on the DETENSOR system is obvious.