The major cause of lower back pain is postural stress from the sitting job and/or lifestyle. Therefore, lower back pain is often fetched on by sitting job, sitting in a bad posture for a long time, continued bending, heavyweight lifting, or sometimes standing or laying down, all for a extensive period of time in a poor, curved back position. Even severe chronic back pain in the middle back or lumbar area, especially after sitting or standing for extended periods. Yoga for lower back pain relief is the great solution.
Recovery after surgery, as any person who has ever had it will tell you, isn’t as simple as they make it seem. Worse yet for those who undergo surgery related to lower back pain. 20% of patients who undergo spinal surgery often discover that they actually do not find relief for their pain. The other 80% will still experience back problems but they will not be as unrelenting as for the unfortunate 20%. They all invariably will have difficulty with spinal flexion.
Yoga for lower back pain relief exercise can help treat lower back pain after long time sitting job. The exercises (asanas) need to be practiced faithfully. Yoga needs to be practiced diligently in order to develop a strong spine that is supple as well. Yoga poses for lower back pain relief also allows its participants to improve posture and body image. These last two factors are important because body movements are especially important to people suffering from back pain. Sitting, standing and lying down can all have painful consequences if not done correctly.
In order to help you do these three activities the right way, here are some tips:
Sitting is something that is so natural and yet few people are aware that there is a right way to sit and a wrong way to sit. Those prone to back problems need to know the following especially.
Always sit on a chair that has a firm seat, avoid any seats that are cushiony. Your butt should be firmly set on the seat. Ensure your spine and tailbone is in a lolled position. For extra support, you can place a rolled towel in the small of your back to help you keep upright. Sitting in the Diamond Posture (see below) is preferable because there is great benefit concerning the sciatic nerve. This technique also helps correct a convex spine or lateral curvature that may occur in the spine.
It should be noted that if you are on pain medication or suffering from acute back pain such that you cannot sit or stand comfortably, then wait before starting these exercises. Take whatever medication you have been prescribed by your doctor and any bed rest needed.
The asanas practiced in yoga offer participants an opportunity to stretch the spinal muscles safely if done correctly and yoga is helpful for lower back pain relief. These exercises provide a means for paraspinal muscles to become strengthened and for toning of abdominal organs and the buttocks. Spinal pressure points will also be stimulated. Each exercise must be carried out until one feels a slight pain.
Remember – sitting in work for extended periods of time can certainly source low back pain or get worse a current back problem. The key cause behind this is that sitting job in poor posture, in a chair or truck/car seat, is a poor inert posture that growths stress in the spine, shoulders, arms, and legs, and in particular, can add large amounts of pressure to the spinal muscles and to compress spinal discs.
You should begin from setting up a chair or car seat to establish the wanted height of the person’s workstation. This choice is determined mostly by the sort of work to be done and by the tallness of the individual using the chair. This height itself can differ significantly and will necessitate diverse sitting postures, or a different type of ergonomic chair altogether. But we have great alternative – back support orthopedic pillow Detensor.
Orthopedic pillow for passive spinal decompression in the sitting position with the system Detensor is intended for prevention, as well as treatment of diseases of the lumbar spine, sciatica, scoliosis, back pain. This preventive (and curative) orthopedic pillow under the waist is always desirable to have at hand to comfortably remove the static load on the back in a sitting position. Pillow, in a short time, will help quickly remove excessive fatigue, remove unpleasant pain in the lumbar spine, reduce excessive fatigue in the back area with a long sitting on a chair or in a car seat.